I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Quilt #22 ~ Angie’s Quilt 2002

Angie’s Quilt 2002

In the picture above, my daughter is about nine months pregnant but as yet did not know whether she was having a boy or a girl. Of course, I was pretty sure the baby was going to be a boy…after all, she already had two girls and my 4-year-old grandson wanted a baby brother. So I happily made the quilt with lots of blues…

[Sorry for the poor quality of the picture.  Sadly, I no longer have the original digital picture.  This picture was scanned from a printed page.]

The quilt uses 1930’s reproduction prints in yellow, red, and, of course, blue … lots of blue. The backing is a BLUE flannel print. I used “Warm & Natural” batting to make sure my grandchild would be warm … the grandchild I was sure would be a boy.

And, in March 2002, my grandchild was born … a 10 lb. 1oz. Baby GIRL … I sure hope she likes blue!


I saw the pattern for this quilt in the QUILT Almanac 2002 magazine and decided to make it for my unborn grandchild.  Here is the original magazine pic:

scan0057cup
Sadly, I’d long ago gotten rid of the magazine; but I recently found a copy at my local guild.  So, now I’m hoping to make another quilt for Angie, but in pink for a little girl!



No comments: