I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Quilt #23 ~ Cody’s Quilt 2002

Creepy Crawlers 2002

I saw this quilt in “More Quilts for Baby” by Ursula Reikes and decided to make it because I already had the fabric. I made the quilt top in 2001 but didn’t finish the complete quilt until July 2002.

The quilt measures 54” x 68”, and the center consists of 17 Snow Ball blocks and 18 Four Patch blocks. It is machine-quilted “in the ditch” by me.

I love the bright colors! I decided to give it to my 4-year-old grandson Cody because he didn’t have a quilt from his Grandma. Now that he lives in Tennessee, I don’t get to see him often.  I miss them so much!






No comments: