I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Quilt #24 ~ Joe’s Quilt 2002

Attic Windows 2002

DH and I first saw this quilt in one of the quilt shops during the 2001 Southern California Quilter’s Run. DH Joe liked it so much that he asked me to make it for him … he even bought the book and material featured in the shop so I could make it!


This was my first attempt at making the Attic Window block, with its set-in corners. But the book was very helpful and it wasn’t as difficult as I thought.  It took me about 4-5 months to complete, and I finally finished it in July 2002. The quilt measures 42 x 55 and is quilted by me using the stitch-in-the-ditch. The borders are quilted with an “S” design, using free-motion machine quilting.

I really enjoyed making it and hope someday to make another Attic Window quilt!

No comments: