I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Quilt #25 ~ Joe’s Quilt 2002

“Out the Back Nine”

This is DH’s “golfing” quilt to remind him of his golfing phase … when he and DS#2 would go to the golf course to “hit a few” … well, they thought they were golfing but, really, they were just learning.

I knew I wanted to make a quilt for DH with a golfing theme.  So, when I saw this golf fabric by R. Kaufman, I just had to buy it. But I had no idea what design I wanted to use … that is, until I saw the “Tee Time” quilt in a magazine (Quilt Almanac 2002) with the exact same “golfing” fabric. It was perfect and I knew I had to make it!


The quilt consists of 20 “Pineapple” blocks. It measures 57” x 68” and is quilted by me using the stitch-in-the-ditch.   It took me about 4-5 months to complete, and I finally finished it in July 2002.

Here is the original magazine picture of the quilt:

scan0055cup


No comments: