I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Quilt #31 ~ Emily’s Rag Quilt 2002


In 2002, rag quilts were the rage.  They are fast, easy, and fun to make!  The quilts are made using flannel fabric so they are also warm and cozy. I made several rag quilts for Christmas gifts, including two for my granddaughters.

Emily’s Rag Quilt 2002

I do not have an individual photo of just Emily with her rag quilt, but she is standing on the left side holding her quilt.  She loves bright colors, and her quilt has plenty of red – her favorite color – with hearts and flowers.  I blogged here about Emily’s first quilt in 1999. 

Sadly, after three years of living with me, DD and her family moved to Tennessee in March 2002.  I missed them so much.  So, for Christmas that year, I sent them these quilts so they could remember me and feel loved when they were wrapped in their quilts.

Also shown in the picture are Cody (with his quilt that I blogged about here),  Katie and her rag quilt; and Baby Angie. By the way, the stockings hanging on the fireplace in the background were handmade by DD and me: she cut all the material in 2001, and I sewed and finished the stockings in 2002 – just in time for Christmas!

No comments: