I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Quilt #34 ~ Desiree’s Rag Quilt 2002

Desiree’s Rag Quilt 2002

I made this Rag Quilt as a Christmas gift for Desiree, granddaughter of my neighbor and friend Mary Ann, and Sarah’s sister.  I used 6 different flannel prints and used the “Streak of Lightning” setting.  The floras and pink color make this a very feminine quilt, perfect for a young lady!



These rag quilts were so much fun to make that in 2002 I made several for gifts! With the Christmas deadline fast approaching, I knew I needed to get help very quickly.  


Here is a rare photo of DH sewing the fabric and batting into squares.  Not only did he help me sew, but he also cut seams.  Cutting the seams gives the quilt its “rag” look, but after some time your hand gets tired and begins to hurt.   He was such a big help; and without him, I could not have finished the rag quilts in time for Christmas.

No comments: