I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Quilts #35–#39 ~ Project Linus 2002

 





       
Five more quilts for Project Linus for 2002.  Quilts are from patterns taken from the “More Quilts for Baby” book by Ursula Reikes.  The total number of quilts donated to Project Linus so far is 20!



This ends the 2002 Quilt Parade -- a total of 18 quilts, including 5 rag quilts and 5 charity quilts!  Not sure what possessed me or how I even found the time to make so many quilts in one year.  I worked full-time, plus took care of my grandchildren the first part of the year, in addition to caring for my own family.  Quilting has always been a creative outlet and helps to relieve my stress.  It's better than counseling … and cheaper too!  Well, okay, maybe not cheaper, but certainly better!

No comments: