I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Quilt #41 ~ Brenda’s Quilt Top 2003

Brenda’s Quilt Top 2003
For Christmas 2002, my BFF Brenda gave me “The Double Pinwheel” quilting book from Quilt In a Day. I loved this book so much that I decided to make a quilt right away. I used my stash of 30’s reproduction fabric that I’d been collecting for a while.

107978907UCAAuX_fs

I knew how much Brenda loved this pattern, so as I worked on the quilt top, I decided to give it to her. Although I finished the top in February 2003, I waited until her birthday in June to give it to her. The expression on her face was well worth it!

I don’t know how it is that I didn’t complete the quilt in time for her birthday.  It’s a good thing that she is also a quilter, so she was able to finish it.

She has it on a quilt rack and I get to see it every time I visit.  I do love that quilt!

June 2003

No comments: