I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Monday, May 31, 2010

My Quilt #60 ~ Neighbor’s Scrappy Triangles Quilt 2004

Scrappy Triangles Quilt 2004

I made this scrappy quilt with half-square triangles set on point.  I didn’t use a pattern so I had to go on the Internet to figure out how to create the setting triangles.  I quilted it with all-over free-motion meandering.  It all came together just right and I was very proud of myself!

Some of my neighbors know that I make quilts to donate and sometimes will give me supplies and fabric they no longer want. 

One neighbor gave me the blue material I used on the border of this quilt.  She was SO surprised when I gave her the quilt for Christmas 2004 because the blue material has a special memory for her.  Unbeknownst to me, she’d bought it 8 years before to make something for her newborn daughter, but never did.  She now has the quilt on her couch and sometimes wraps herself in the quilt when she watches TV. 

April 2004

No comments: