I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Monday, May 31, 2010

My Quilt #61 ~ Stack ‘N’ Whack 2004

Stack ‘N’ Whack 2004

I made this quilt top from a kit I bought on eBay.  The 12 stack-n-whack blocks were already precut … all I had to do was sew them and put the quilt together.

Unfortunately, the kit did not include extra material so I wasn’t sure what to do with the 12 blocks.  Luckily, I found the material at my LQS and purchased enough to make the border.

This is another quilt I had a love-hate relationship with.  I loved the main fabric … it’s gorgeous, but I think the color combo was too bland.  I probably should have used a different background color instead of using the fabric that came with the kit.  And instead of using the green fabric for the sashing and inner border, I think using the pink from the main fabric would have added some pizzazz.

I ended up donating this quilt to a local charity for their fundraising event.

May 2004

No comments: