I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Monday, May 31, 2010

My Quilt #63 ~ Nina Rebe’s Quilt 2004

Nina Rebe’s Quilt 2004

In 2001 and 2002, I participated in a swap of Asian fat quarters and 5-inch squares.  When I saw the “Lucky Stars” pattern by Atkinson Designs, I knew it’d be perfect for my Asian fabric stash.  I love how this quilt came out!

June 2004


I don’t see my Godmother Rebecca very often.  But in November 2005, our families reunited in Texas for the Thanksgiving holiday; and I took many of my quilts ~ including this one ~ to give as gifts to my family, many of whom I hadn’t seen in years.  I knew my Godmother would be there too … and, although she lives only 45 minutes away from me, I had to travel to Texas to see her and give her this quilt.



No comments: