I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Monday, May 31, 2010

My Quilts #64 – #65 ~ Scrappy Quilts 2004



More scrappy quilts!  I started these quilts in 2003 and finally finished them in 2004.  My BQFF Brenda “scolded” me for not finishing my quilt tops and made me realize I should complete all my UFOs … I’m glad I did!

I gave these two child-size quilts to my neighbor’s two grandboys (ages 2 and 3) for Christmas 2004.

June 2004


Sewing and making quilt tops are very therapeutic for me and it just makes me happy.  After a stressful week of working and commuting, there’s almost nothing more enjoyable than a weekend of creative sewing.

I started sewing when I was a little girl, making clothes for my dolls, and continued sewing clothes into adulthood.  As much as I loved to sew, I never really enjoyed making clothes.  I struggled with the construction and at times it was more frustrating than enjoyable.

I think that’s why I enjoy quilting so much … even a simple quilt can be beautiful!  So when I got involved with Project Linus, it was a perfect match. The quilts were not big, and I could sew to my heart’s content.  I could make as many quilts as I wanted; and I knew they were going to a good cause, where they would be loved and treasured.

And the fabric-holic that I am, I bought tons of novelty fabric for my quilts for kids (okay, not really “tons”, but pounds for sure!).  These two quilts were made from novelty prints in an effort to reduce my stash.

No comments: