I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Quilt #7 ~ Vincent’s Quilt 2001

Vincent’s Quilt 2001

I originally saw this pattern in a finished quilt at an LQS during the 2001 Southern California Quilter’s Run, and I also ran across a similar pattern in a quilting magazine. I liked it so much that I decided to make it for one of my CASA kids. However, as I worked on the quilt, my 10-year-old DS#2 said he liked it … and when I finished it, I gave it to him.


The center of each block is made from a novelty print and is twisted. The border is a race car print on a blue background; the sashing is a small-checkered print. I used “Warm & Natural” batting to make sure it keeps him warm.



This is the first quilt I made for DS#2. I hope he enjoys and treasures it forever. BTW, he’s the one holding up the quilt and those are his feet peeking from under the quilt!

12-07C

I love you, my son!


Nine years later, DS#2 is 19 years old and is 6 ft. tall!  He’s growing up into a handsome young man, and we are very proud of him.  His next quilt will have to be a TALL size!

No comments: