I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Quilt #227: Y2K Charm Quilt Top 2010


This is my second Y2K 2000 Charm Quilt Top.  Read about my first one here.  I started this top in 2006 and plan to have it completed before the end of the year.  Well, that’s the plan, anyway!

It seems only yesterday that we were at once excited and anxious about the new millennium.  To celebrate this once-in-a-lifetime event, many quilters wanted to create a Y2K quilt with 2000 different squares (“charms”) of fabric. 

There were many swapping groups.  I participated in several and was able to collect enough charms to make THREE quilts, each with 2000 squares!  So, here we are many years later, and I’ve barely finished piecing the second top.  Hopefully, I can get it quilted before the end of the next decade!

And, yes, I still have 80 more “squishes” stored away, each with 25 charms, waiting to be finished into a quilt!

UPDATE 12/31/20:  I finally completed this second Y2K Millennium Quilt.  I posted about my completed quilt here.



This ends the 2010 Quilt Parade with 27 quilt projects, including 11 sales and 8 charity quilts.  The remaining 8 projects were either gifted or became part of my personal collection.  I also participated in a few online quilt-alongs which I really enjoyed and hope to do more in the coming year.

No comments: