I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Quilt #220: Bouillabaisse Quilt Top 2010

 DSC01455

My bouillabaisse quilt top is FINALLY finished!  I started it in September 2009 and posted about it here in January.  I’ve been working on it off-and-on; and in July I made a commitment to finish it.  It has twenty blocks and each block is 20-1/2 inches.  It measures in at 97 square inches, with a 6-1/2 inch border.

DSC01453

This is the second bouillabaisse quilt I’ve made, but I had so many issues with it! It seems that no matter how many 1-3/4” strips I cut, it just wasn’t enough!  But the real dizzies were the points and bias edges … OMG, by the last few blocks, I couldn’t care less whether anything matched:  I just wanted to get ‘er done! 

DSC01457

It’s shown on a queen size bed, and it’s the second queen-size quilt top I’ve made. I’m not sure yet whether I will quilt it myself or send it out.  I’m definitely keeping this one so I’m really leaning towards sending it to a LA quilter.  But, for now, it’s in my “To Be Quilted” pile!


539453661lhPwnO_ph_CU[5]

This is a picture of the original bouillabaisse quilt I made in 2003.  I bought the fabric kit and with my BQF Brenda took a class at the LQS.  I blogged about it here.  This quilt was much easier to make than my second one … maybe that’s because I made it in class.  I don’t know … but I do know I won’t be making another one soon!


P1050972 P1050971

This is a bouillabaisse quilt that my BQFF Brenda made and was the inspiration for my second bouillabaisse quilt.  You may not be able to notice in the pictures, but we used many of the same fabrics.  That’s because she often benefits when I go through a “stash cleaning” episode. I just love the colors on this quilt!  Okay, so I’m a big copy-cat; but Brenda and I have very similar tastes … I guess that’s why we get along so well!

July 2010

No comments: