I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Quilts #222: Quilts For Kids 2010

DSC01524 (2)

I just completed my fourth quilt for the Downy Touch of Comfort Quilts For Kids project.  Three are from requested kits and the fourth is from my own fabric stash.  And, for now, this completes my contribution to this worthwhile program. 

DSC01349

I’ll continue to make quilts for kids through Project Linus, which keeps my donations locally; and, I can also deliver my finished quilts to one of my neighbors who helps coordinate the local chapter … no shipping costs!

DSC00894 DSC00897

The Touch of Comfort project was much fun, and the quilts were fast and easy.  It was always exciting to receive the kit in the mail to see what fun fabrics had been sent.  I do hope they reach their goal of 10,000 quilts before the end of the year.

July 2010

No comments: