I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Monday, November 9, 2015

My Quilt #228: Baby Crackers for Ariana 2015

First finished quilt of 2015

After 5 years of being away, I have finally come back.  I can’t believe this is the first quilt I have finished since 2010.  This quilt is from a stack of flimsy tops that have been waiting all these years to be finished. I must confess that I did not actually make the quilt top but bought it on eBay with the intention of finishing and donating it to charity. The block pattern is a vintage design named Crackers. 



I completed the quilt and gifted it to Ariana, my friend's granddaughter when she celebrated her baptism.

October 2015

No comments: