I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Monday, September 6, 2010

My Quilt #225: 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain Quilt Top


In August, I joined Karrie Lyne over at Freckled Whimsy for her Charm Pack Quilt Along.  Yeah, I love to quilt-along!  And I also love the 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain for Moda.

It took me a while, but I managed to sew all the rows and finally finished the center of the top.  I still need to sew on the borders.  Maybe I’ll finish it before the end of the month.

UPDATE:  I never finished this project and decided to sell it on Etsy:

This beautiful quilt top is made with four charm packs of Moda's 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain and solid white KONA fabric.  I love this fabric design and it is very hard to find and may no longer be available.  It measures 60-1/2" x 60-1/2” without borders.  Also included are 2 yards of Amy Suther "Sparkle All the Way" by Robert Kaufman fabric for the outside border and 13 leftover charms.

SEPTEMBER 2010

UPDATE:  Sold on Etsy in January 2012

No comments: