I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Friday, September 10, 2010

My Quilt #226: Scrappy Striped Pinwheel Small Quilt Top 2010

At the beginning of September, I joined Beth at Love Laugh Quilt for her Striped Quilt Challenge.  I really believed that I would not have a problem … at least starting a project and even believed that I would surely finish one before the challenge ended. 

At the time, I knew I had some striped fabric, but I happily envisioned myself going to the fabric store to add to my stash!  Well, that didn’t happen.  And, my limited stash gave me no vision and no plan.  But, when I saw Beth’s quilt, I was inspired to make pinwheels. Isn’t it beautiful?!

4823946129_8d30c2ea28_b

It took me about a week, but I did manage to get this small quilt top finished; it measures 45” x 47” and is a lap size.  I’m pretty happy with it, especially since I had a limited stash to work with.  I do like how the stripes make the pinwheels look like they’re moving.  Not so much in the picture, but in person they almost make you dizzy if you stare at them too long.

SEPTEMBER 2010

UPDATE:  Sold on eBay in June 2011

No comments: