I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Quilt #219: Charm & Jelly Roll Quilt Top 2010

DSC01445

I made this top from a kit I purchased at my LQS a couple years ago.  I saw the sample in the store and fell in love with the fabric and design.  Actually, the store had run out of the kits, but I was still able to buy some yardage and received the pattern for free.

DSC01444

It’s such an easy scrappy design that uses one charm pack plus one jelly roll.  The block is a four-patch of 2-1/2” squares, plus four 2-1/2” strips, which are sewn to the 4-patch in a log-cabin style.  I started this last week and just finished it yesterday.

July 2010

UPDATE:  Sold on eBay in February 2011

2 comments:

Emelie said...

I love this one! But still it looks so hard!

Emelie said...

I love this one! But still it looks so hard!