I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Friday, October 30, 2020

My Quilts #254: Appalachian Autumn 2020

 

The pattern for this quilt is Appalachian Autumn by Bonnie Hunter.  I started this quilt in September when she released the pattern.  When I saw it, I just knew I had to make it.


The centers of the leaves are string-pieced and so fast and easy to make.  I love the pieced border.  It's a bit more work but I think it's well worth the extra effort. 


I used an oak leaf edge-to-edge pantograph from Golden Threads.  Still not perfect but I'm pretty happy with the results.

The quilt measures 52" square and I used the same fabric for backing that I used on the autumn wall hanging I made for my granddaughter Emily.  The batting is Warm and Natural.

Read more about this quilt here.

October 2020

No comments: