I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Quilt #215 ~ Dutchman’s Puzzle Nickel Quilt Top 2010

DSC01400

Another nickel quilt from Pat Speth’s book!  The pattern is Dutchman’s Puzzle, and it measures 55 x 69 inches.  Again, I used old scraps that I just wanted to get rid of use up.  I didn’t even enjoy the process of sewing the blocks and thought for sure the top would be a real loser.  But look at it now … it just all came together once I added the two borders.  The outer border is a red paisley that I am loving.  I’m thinking this may be one of my favorites once I finish quilting it!

June 2010

UPDATE:  Sold on Etsy in December 2010.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

wow, I love this quilt too.

Emelie said...

this one is so visually cool. I'd like to try this one too! So far the only quilt I've attempted has been a scrappy 9 square