I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Friday, August 7, 2020

My Quilts #245: Quilts For Kids Kit 2020

This is the third and last quilt kit I've completed for Touch of Comfort Quilts for Kids. This was a kit my daughter ordered in 2015 but never started.  I accidentally stumbled upon it in 2019 and decided to finish it myself.

I quilted it with FMQ on my short-arm Mega Quilter and used an all-over hearts and loops design. It's not perfect but it gets the job done. I used a fluffy polyester batting which gives it a textured look.  The quilt measures 36" x 41" and I'm pretty happy with it.  I hope the recipient will be happy with it too.

Read more about this quilt here.

August 2020

No comments: