I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Friday, August 28, 2020

My Quilts #248: Emily's Fall Wall Hanging 2020

 

Last year, before my granddaughter Emily left for Georgia, she told me she really liked my fall wall hanging because fall is her favorite season. I decided that I would make one like it for her.  I was happy that I still had some of the same fabrics to use in her quilt.  I think I actually like hers better!


I love the backing with the beautiful fall colors!


And a quilt is not really complete until the label is on!

The quilt measures 58" square, and the batting is pieced from different leftover batting remnants.  There are 121 five-inch patches in an 11 x 11 grid.

Emily now lives in Georgia so I had to mail the quilt to her.  I hope it was what she expected and that she loves it as much as I do.

Read more about this quilt here.

August 2020

No comments: