I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Friday, September 11, 2020

My Quilts #250: Dr. Seuss Kids Quilt 2020


I actually started this quilt in 2016 when I planned to make it for DGD#3. I cut out the center squares and made the star blocks, then for whatever reason, I put them away.  I was happy to re-discover them!

I did not use a pattern for this layout but this simple design has 6" squares and sawtooth star blocks with sashing and cornerstones.  It has a narrow border because I decided it didn't really need an additional wider border.


The quilt measures 47" x 56" and I quilted it on my Bernina with stitch-in-the-ditch, straight stitching, and outline stitching.  The batting is pieced from Warm and Natural remnants.  The backing has an overall multi-color "Peace Sign" design.

DGD#3 is no longer into Dr. Seuss so this cute quilt will be donated to Project Linus.

Read more about this quilt here.

September 2020
 

No comments: