I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Friday, September 18, 2020

My Quilts #251: Happy Halloween Scrappy Stars 2020


These star blocks were another recent discovery.  I made them way back in 2015 when I started a quilt for my granddaughter, which I finally finished last year. For some reason, I made 40 blocks but only used 26 for DGD's quilt.  So I had 14 leftover star blocks and decided to make a small quilt or wall hanging for myself.

I love the stars and colors.  I quilted this on my regular Bernina machine with diagonal straight stitching and stitch-in-the-ditch along the stars and sashing. 

The backing is a mish-mash of 2 extra blocks and leftover Halloween fabric.  The batting is pieced from Warm and Natural remnants. And, I attached a sleeve to the top so I can display it next month.  The wall hanging measures 41" x 51".

Read more about this quilt here.

September 2020

No comments: