I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Friday, November 6, 2020

My Quilts #255: Frolic Mystery Quilt 2020


This is Bonnie Hunter's Frolic Mystery quilt which she released in November 2019.  But I didn't start it until January 2020 and finally finished it this November.

I believe this is Bonnie's 17th mystery quilt but my first time doing a mystery quilt.  It was definitely a challenge but I love the design.  I especially like the pieced border, and I think it was well worth the extra effort.


I love the print on the backing fabric with the beautiful peacocks, and the pink and blue colors are perfect.  The print is by artist Lisa Audit @ Wild Apple by David Textiles.  I used this same fabric for the binding, which I sewed on by machine.

I used a Warm and Natural batting and quilted it with a simple scroll edge-to-edge pantograph.  This quilt measures 82" square and is a perfect coverlet for my queen-size bed.

Read more about this quilt here.

November 2020

No comments: