I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Friday, December 4, 2020

My Quilts #258: Bobby Dazzler Lap Quilt 2020

 

This is a Bobby Dazzler Quilt kit that I started in September finished this month.


The pattern is Pressed for Time Quiltworks (c) 2007 by Mary Hubka.


I think I really love everything about this quilt: the star blocks, the colors, the fabrics.  They're all so pretty.


I quilted it with an E2E loopy heart design.


The backing is a beautiful all-over design of pink roses which I thought was perfect for this quilt.


I forgot to lower the needle bar and quilted a whole row before I realized it and had loose threads on the bottom.  I had to pick the loose stitches and then did FMQ on my regular machine.  I'm glad it was only one row and not a big quilt.

The batting is a lightweight poly-fil and the quilt measures 46" x 58".  I haven't decided if I'm gifting it so I'm adding this one to my personal collection ... for now, anyway.😃 

Read more about this quilt here.

December 2020

No comments: