I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Monday, December 14, 2020

My Quilts #259: Single Wedding Ring 2020

 

I made this Crown of Thorns (aka Single Wedding Ring) quilt for a long-time friend who got married in June and then celebrated her birthday in October.  The COVID19 pandemic has kept us apart and unable to participate in any special events.  So, I wanted to do something to let her know I was thinking of her on her special day. 




I love the collection of pretty floral fabrics which I've had for a few years. 

The backing is a pretty floral design which is actually a bedsheet.  I used lightweight polyester batting, and I quilted it with an edge-to-edge heart pantograph.  I think it's all perfect.

The quilt measures 64" x 78".  

Read more about this quilt here.

December 2020

No comments: