I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Friday, December 31, 2021

My Quilts #274: Bouillabaisse Quilt 2021

 

This quilt has been a long time in the making.  I started the top in September 2009 and worked on it off-and-on, until I finished it in July 2010.  It took me another 11 years to finally get the quilt finished!

I made my first bouillabaisse quilt in 2003 when I took a class at my local quilt shop. This one is my second bouillabaisse quilt and I had so many issues with it that by the last few blocks, I couldn't care less if anything matched.  I was just glad to get the top pieced.  But now that it's finally quilted, I don't see any "issues" and I love it!

It has twenty blocks and each block is 20-1/2 inches and has a 6-1/2 inch border. I quilted it with an all-over design of meandering loops which was pretty easy and fun to do.


The pieced backing is made from 100% cotton bed sheets, and the batting is Warm & Natural.  The quilt measures 82" x 103" and the pattern is by Pie In The Sky Quilts.

DECEMBER 2021

No comments: