My Quilts #302: What Cancer Cannot Do 2022

Finished: 47" x 59"



This is a quilt for a dear friend I've known for over 20 years.  A few years ago she was diagnosed with cancer, and it seemed the cancer was caught early.  After surgery, she thought she had a clean bill of health.  Unfortunately, a year later, the cancer metastasized to her lung.  Sadly, there is no cure, no surgery, and nothing can be done except weekly chemo to keep the cancer at bay for as long as possible. The good thing is the chemo is working and the tumor has not grown.


My friend has a wonderful positive attitude and looks great.  She has not allowed this illness to take away her love of life.  She loves to visit friends and family and just get out to live life.  She is an inspiration.  Cancer cannot and will not conquer her spirit.


I bought the "What Cancer Cannot Do" panel with a pattern last year when I saw a quilt on a blog.  The words perfectly describe my friend's attitude, and I knew I had to gift her this quilt that is full of love and hugs.


I quilted it with an E2E design with butterflies and used a cuddly Minky fabric on the back.  The batting is Warm & Natural. This was so fast and easy that I finished it in 3 days.


10/30/22

I had lunch to gift my friend this quilt.  She loved it and it was an emotional moment.  She's a great friend and an amazing person.  Even though she's battling cancer, she cares for her 4 grandchildren while their mom, a single parent, works full-time and goes to school to be an RN.  Everyday heroes and angels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quilt #221 ~ David’s Plaid Dorm Quilt 2010

My Quilt #224 ~ Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt Top 2010

My Quilt #42 ~ Bouillabaisse Quilt 2003