My Quilts #306: Silver Wolf Panel Quilt 2022


Finished Size: 81" x 89"


I bought the Silver Wolf panels years ago at a quilt show with the intention of making my daughter a quilt. Last year, I decided to finally make this quilt for her birthday.  I finished the top in January and 10 months later I finally finished the quilt.


This is the original quilt displayed outside the retailer's booth at the quilt show.  I fell in love with it and knew it'd be perfect for my daughter.  At the time it wasn't in my budget to buy the kit so I just purchased the panels.


 I didn't have a pattern so I did my best to create the same design.  I had to search online for the companion fabric, and I was lucky to find some of it but had to make do with a different fabric for the HSTs. I also used a narrower border.
  

I love how the pillow panels add to the overall quilt design.


I used an E2E quilting design with pine trees and grass which I thought was perfect for the wolves in the forest print.  This was the first time using this design and I'm a little disappointed with it because you can see where the "grass" looks like a line of zigzags.  It kinda annoys me but overall it looks fine. 


The backing is pieced with a leftover print from the top and a different print with more wolves.  And, I used Warm & Natural batting.


And, of course, a quilt is not completely finished until the label is on.

I am really happy with this quilt and can't wait to give it to my daughter for her birthday in January.  She lives in Kentucky so I'll have to mail it and keep the faith that it gets to her safely. 

October 2022

UPDATE: I mailed the quilt in December and I'm happy to say that my daughter received it in time for Christmas and her birthday!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quilt #221 ~ David’s Plaid Dorm Quilt 2010

My Quilt #224 ~ Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt Top 2010

My Quilt #42 ~ Bouillabaisse Quilt 2003