My Quilts #312: St. Patty's Picture Frame 2022

Finished Size: 71" square


I finished the top of this quilt in February, hoping to have it completed by St. Patrick's Day.  That didn't happen, but I'm finally finished!


I found a quilt online that I really liked (pictured above) and wanted to make something similar. While I like my version, I think the original is better. The original quilter said she had collected St. Patrick's fabrics for a few years and finally had enough to make her quilt.


Luckily, she provided the title of the book which I happened to have.  I love this book and have made a couple quilts from it and there are a few more I plan to make.



I had some St. Patrick's fabrics in my stash and thought they'd be great for a wall hanging. I ended up having to purchase more fabric than I expected, and even then I didn't have enough. Rather than buy more, I used what I had in my stash that I thought would complement. My quilt looks scrappier than the inspiration quilt because I didn't have enough low-volume pieces. But it's finished and I'm happy with it.


After I finished the top, I was okay with it but not thrilled.  I thought I would just keep it as a flimsy and use it as a table cover.  Then I thought I would finish it and gift it.  However, now that it's quilted I like it much better.


I quilted it with an E2E Clover design and used polyester batting.  

December 2022

Update: Gifted this quilt to my granddaughter Katie on April 24, 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quilt #221 ~ David’s Plaid Dorm Quilt 2010

My Quilt #224 ~ Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt Top 2010

My Quilt #42 ~ Bouillabaisse Quilt 2003