My Quilts #314: Single Wedding Ring Quilt with Scallop Border 2022

Finished Size: 86" x 110"

This is a wedding quilt I made for my neighbor's daughter, Makenna.  We have been neighbors for 26 years, and I saw Makenna grow up from a toddler to a beautiful young lady, who recently graduated with a doctorate in pharmacy.

When we found out early this year that she was getting married, my DH suggested a wedding quilt was in order, and I happily agreed.  Luckily, I had plenty of time as the bridal shower was not until January 2023.

As the months went by, I looked for a pattern that was just right.  Being a young woman, Makenna might like a "modern" quilt, but I breathed a sigh of relief when she told me she liked an "old lady look".  I certainly knew what that was!

I decided to go with one of my favorite blocks for wedding quilts: the Single Wedding Ring. I started cutting and sewing the blocks in October and made 32 blocks for an on-point setting. 


I love these floral fabrics which are mainly by Robyn Pandolph.  I still have enough in my stash to make myself a quilt.  The Single Wedding Ring block has 3" units and finishes at 15 inches. 


This was my first time making a scallop border.  I watched a couple videos and ended up purchasing a specialty ruler from Quilt In A Day.  It definitely was worth the cost.  

I also had to make bias binding - another first.  I quilted it with E2E Folk Art heart design and used Warm & Natural batting.


I make my own quilt labels but for this wedding quilt, I purchased a customized embroidered label from Etsy. 

This is my 40th completed quilt project of 2022 and the last one for the year. 

December 2022


Update: I gifted this quilt to Makenna at her bridal shower on January 14, 2023.


She loved her quilt so much she had tears in her eyes.  These moments are special!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quilt #221 ~ David’s Plaid Dorm Quilt 2010

My Quilt #224 ~ Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt Top 2010

My Quilt #42 ~ Bouillabaisse Quilt 2003