My Quilts #318: International Sisters Quilt 2023

Finished Size: 60" x 76"

This is the third International Sisters Quilt I've made using the sister blocks from Sew Preeti.  Last year, I gifted one to my sister and posted.  I made this second quilt when a dear friend of my sister saw it.  She loved it and asked if I would make one for her.  I accepted because I could never say no to my sister who asked on her friend's behalf.  Her friend also agreed to reimburse the cost of materials.

There is a personal story behind this quilt, which was made to honor the recipient's brother who died in 1988, and I offered to add pictures of her brother and family.  I was happy to donate my time and labor to make this special quilt.



And, of course, RBG is in the center of all these beautiful ladies.  The RBG block was specifically requested for this quilt because Justice Ginsberg fought hard for women's rights and sexual justice.


I used Kaffe Fassett prints for the dresses and added the scalloped border for a special effect.  It is well worth the extra effort.


I quilted this quilt with an edge-to-edge design called "Rose Garden." The backing is a soft floral print in orange, which is the recipient's favorite color. The label completes the quilt.

March 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quilt #221 ~ David’s Plaid Dorm Quilt 2010

My Quilt #224 ~ Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt Top 2010

My Quilt #42 ~ Bouillabaisse Quilt 2003