My Quilts #297: Celebrating Sisterhood RBG Quilt 2022


Finished size: 55" x 73"

My sister turned 92 in February, and I wanted to make her a quilt as a belated birthday gift. When I came across Sew Pretti's International Sister Quilt, I was inspired to make this quilt for my sister.

Sew Preeti first came across the African Queen block in 2017 but couldn't find a pattern or tutorial for the block so she drafted one, which she named International Sister. I am happy and thankful that she generously provided free instructions for this cute block.  


RBG Block - not yet sewn

My sister is an attorney and has been a civil rights activist all her life, especially during the 1960s and 1970s.  So when I saw this block by Rebecca Grace Quilting honoring RBG, I knew I had to add it to my sister's quilt.

I visited my sister in August to gift her the quilt and to celebrate National Sister's Day.  She absolutely loved her quilt, and we spent a wonderful day with my nieces and their quilts.

My sister's quilt measures 55" x 73" and has Warm & Natural batting.  I quilted it with an E2E design named Rose Garden. 

August 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quilt #221 ~ David’s Plaid Dorm Quilt 2010

My Quilt #224 ~ Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt Top 2010

My Quilt #42 ~ Bouillabaisse Quilt 2003