My Quilts #298: Blue Weed Whacker 2022


Finished size:  76" x 93"


Quilt Pattern: Weed Whacker by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville


I started this quilt in 2008 and 14 years later,  I decided it was time to finish it.



I quilted it with an E2E design called Audree that is pre-installed in the HandiQuilter ProStitcher.


The pieced backing is definitely not by design.  When I saw the fabric with the bird design, I knew I wanted to use it for the backing.  Unfortunately, I didn't buy enough and had no choice but to use a different fabric for the middle.  

I ended up with a pieced strip at the bottom because the backing wasn't long enough, and I didn't realize it until I got to the last quilting row.  The quilting design at the end does not match perfectly but it's good enough.  Finished is better than perfect!

I love this quilt, and it is part of my personal collection.

August 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quilt #221 ~ David’s Plaid Dorm Quilt 2010

My Quilt #224 ~ Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt Top 2010

My Quilt #42 ~ Bouillabaisse Quilt 2003