My Quilts #300: EMS Paramedic Quilt 2022

Drum Roll Please …. 300th Quilt Project and 15 years of quilting!  TA-DA!!

 Finished Size:  77" x 89"

Ever since Vincent told me last year that he was accepted into the UCLA Paramedic Program, I knew I wanted to make him a quilt to celebrate his graduation.

When I saw the fabrics with EMS-related prints, I knew I had to make a quilt for his graduation.  I had no pattern or plan in mind but bought a couple yards of each print.  



I ordered the center EMS panel from Etsy.


And I was surprised to find they added a gift: a picture of paramedics caring for a child.  I had to include it in the quilt.


My backings are usually plain but I wanted to use as much of the EMS fabric in this quilt as possible. I had yardage left over and made pillowcases to go with the quilt.



I made the 20 snowball blocks with a different layout in mind.  In the end, I used only 8 for the front.  But the remaining 12 were perfect to go around the printed picture in the back and it all worked out.


I used Warm & Natural batting and quilted it with an E2E design of stars and loops.


And, of course, binding and a label complete the quilt!

August 2022


Patches of Life


Vincent has worked as an EMT for several years, and during the 2020-21 COVID-19 pandemic, he worked for the state and other health organizations.  


We were happy when he was accepted into the UCLA Parademic Program and proud when he graduated in September.  He loves his work and is thrilled to graduate!


Of course, the family gathered at the Red Lobster to celebrate and congratulate him on this accomplishment.


Patches of Life

I completed my 200th quilt project in December 2009. It, too, was a quilt for Vincent called "In the Line of Duty." A lot has happened since then. I had to put aside my quilting for five years from 2011 to 2015, when I made nine quilts. But I had to put it off again for four years from 2016 to 2019. I wonder how many more quilting projects I could have created during those nine years. Maybe another 100? That would have been nice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quilt #221 ~ David’s Plaid Dorm Quilt 2010

My Quilt #224 ~ Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt Top 2010

My Quilt #42 ~ Bouillabaisse Quilt 2003