I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Quilt #30 ~ Christmas Rag Quilt 2002

Christmas Rag Quilt 2002

By the end of 2002, my BFF Brenda was hooked on quilting, and we were on a roll!   We loved shopping during our lunchtime at the LQS in San Gabriel.  Somehow, we always lost track of time and ended up taking an extended lunch “hour”!  Then we’d drive back like maniacs to get in before we were missed … those were fun times!


This was the time when rag quilts were the rage, and we fell in love with the sample in the store.  We signed up for the class in August and together we purchased one kit.  The kit had enough fabric to make a very large quilt and cost over $100.  Ouch! Way too much for our skinny wallets.   But being the creative folks that we are, Brenda and I figured we could get two smaller quilts from the kit … so we split the cost.

We had tons of fun making our rag quilts!  Brenda gave hers to her oldest daughter for Christmas, but I kept mine.  I love the colors so I keep it out all year long, draped on a couch. It’s so warm and cuddly … perfect for those cool evenings.

These rag quilts were so easy to make that I made several more to give as gifts for Christmas 2002.

No comments: