I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Quilt #33 ~ Sarah’s Rag Quilt 2002

Sarah’s Rag Quilt 2002

Another rag quilt!  This is a Trip Around the World setting, and the flannel fabrics are Christmas prints with teddy bears.  Click on the picture for a larger view.

I made this one as a Christmas gift for Sarah, the granddaughter of my friend Mary Ann, and my Goddaughter.  I blogged about Sarah’s visit in 2001 and her first quilt here and about Mary Ann’s quilt here

Sadly, we have not kept in touch and I have not seen Sarah for several years.  But I hope she treasures her quilts and remembers me when she sees them.

No comments: