I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Quilt #5 ~ Harvest Stars 2000

Harvest Stars 2000

This is the second quilt I created on my own.  I didn't use a pattern for this quilt and was inspired by the Ohio Star block, as it is one of my favorite blocks. This quilt is made up of 12 Ohio Star blocks.

I chose the fabric, which has a Thanksgiving/Harvest theme, because it was already in my stash and because I liked the colors—fall also happens to be my favorite season.

I pieced the top in 1999, but did not finish quilting and binding it until 2000. It is machine quilted by me and uses the basic stitch-in-the-ditch method. I was pretty proud of myself when I finished this quilt all by myself. Overall, I think it came out okay!

This is also the only one of my "first" quilts that I still have.  I always bring it out for display every year for the Fall holidays.

No comments: