My Quilts #283 ~ Uncle Sam's Star 2022

I finished the Uncle Sam's Star quilt top this past September and posted about it here.

After I finished quilting this stack of baby quilts on my new Moxie with Pro-Stitcher Lite, I felt comfortable enough to try quilting Uncle Sam's Star.

I used an overall E2E design with stars and loops with white thread.  It's a little hard to see but I'm happy with the outcome.

I had to piece the backing of this quilt because I didn't have enough of either fabric. I also didn't realize until after I took this picture that the design was sideways.

The quilt is composed of twelve “Uncle Sam’s Star Blocks” (12-in. square), ten “Flag Blocks”, and fifteen “Variable Stars” (4-in square). The batting is Warm & Natural, and the quilt measures 59" x 82".  A nice lap-size quilt for July 4th Independence Day. 

American Patchwork & Quilting June 2000


Uncle Sam's Star Quilt (c) 2000

I made my first Uncle Sam's Star Quilt in 2000 after I saw the pattern in an American Patchwork magazine. I had been quilting for less than a year and this was my sixth finished quilt. I wasn't happy with it because it had many mistakes, and in 2007 I sold it for next to nothing. I regretted selling it, so I made a second one to replace it. I'm now much better at piecing and am happy with the result. This one is a keeper!

April 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quilt #221 ~ David’s Plaid Dorm Quilt 2010

My Quilt #224 ~ Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt Top 2010

My Quilt #42 ~ Bouillabaisse Quilt 2003