My Quilts #286 ~ Unity Quilt 2022

Finished Size: 72" x 91"

I just love my Unity Quilt!  This is my fourth Bonnie Hunter quilt, and I am amazed every time I finish one. 

I started this quilt in October 2021 and worked on it through November.  Then put it aside until the new year. I finally got back to it when I decided to finish it by Independence Day.  


I followed Bonnie's design without deviation and kept her color scheme.  Like most of her designs, this pattern has a gazillion small pieces, and I am always thankful for my Accuquilt cutter when working on Bonnie's designs.  Her designs, however, are well worth the time and effort.


Although I did have to purchase some of the light blue fabric, most of the fabrics were from my stash and many have been around for many years.


I love this design with the Peace sign but I didn't have enough for the backing so I had to piece it with a red-with-white stars fabric. 

I quilted it on my Moxie longarm using an E2E pantograph with stars and loops and used Warm & Natural batting.  I'm super happy with the result.


And, a label completes the quilt!
I've been quilting for over twenty years, but I never thought I could make something like this. I was inspired to try Bonnie Hunter's quilt designs after seeing her quilts on social media. I started with the 2019 Frolic mystery quilt. I took it one step at a time and was amazed when I saw the finished quilt. 

This quilt is part of my personal collection.

April 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quilt #221 ~ David’s Plaid Dorm Quilt 2010

My Quilt #224 ~ Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt Top 2010

My Quilt #42 ~ Bouillabaisse Quilt 2003