My Quilts #307: Jericho Walls Stash Buster Quilt 2022


Finished Size: 76" x 90"


I made this quilt for the 2022 Stash Buster Challenge by Border Creek Station. The challenge was to create 52 blocks (1 block a week) by the end of the year to be entered into a drawing. 

The block is Jericho Walls and I enjoyed making the blocks so much that I finished the quilt top in May.


There are 32 blocks, each measuring 10" finished.  I used some really old and "ugly" fabrics from my stash but love how it all came together.


The quilting design is Trailing Leaves, an E2E design from the Pro-Stitcher Lite Design Catalog, and the batting is Warm & Natural.


I used some charm packs for the piano border and each strip measured 2½" x 5" unfinished.  The inner border and binding are the same red fabric.


I used a new full-size sheet that I bought at a thrift store for the backing of my quilt. I don't really like the sheet, but I didn't want to use any of my fabric stashes to piece the backing, and I certainly didn't want to buy more fabric.


And a label completes the quilt.

November 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quilt #221 ~ David’s Plaid Dorm Quilt 2010

My Quilt #224 ~ Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt Top 2010

My Quilt #42 ~ Bouillabaisse Quilt 2003