My Quilts #309: Raiders NFL Team Quilt 2022

Finished Size: 75" x 98"

I made this quilt as a birthday present for my son-in-law. He's been a fan of the Raiders since they were the Oakland Raiders, so I knew he would appreciate this quilt. 

He also has congenital heart disease and is on the heart transplant list.  He recently had open heart surgery for a heart pump (LVAD) and had to spend his birthday in the hospital.  I wanted to make something that would comfort him as he recuperates from heart surgery.


The pattern is "1st and 10" from McCall's Quilting and is free.  Click here for a pattern to make this quilt.  It was so fast and easy to make - I completed it in 10 days.  


The quilting design is Touchdown, an E2E design from Urban Elementz.  The footballs, helmets, and stars are perfect.


The backing is a mottled gray which nicely shows off the quilting design.


My daughter and son-in-law live in Kentucky, so I had to ship the quilt to him. I was a bit nervous, but it arrived safe and sound. He is recuperating at home now and loves his quilt.


November 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Quilt #221 ~ David’s Plaid Dorm Quilt 2010

My Quilt #224 ~ Patriotic Log Cabin Quilt Top 2010

My Quilt #42 ~ Bouillabaisse Quilt 2003