I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Quilt #29 ~ Asian Pinwheel Rail Fence Quilt 2002

Asian Pinwheel Rail Fence Quilt 2002

This is the second quilt I made from the Rail Fence class I took at The Fabric Patch LQS in 2002. This is the twin of the “Chinese Lanterns” quilt I made for my sister Connie and blogged about here.  It uses the simple Rail Fence block in a pinwheel setting, and I quilted it with a “stitch-in-the-ditch”.  It measures 56” square.


UPDATE:  Thirteen years later, I gave this quilt to my niece Sandra.  We grew up together and had many adventures during our high school years.  After high school, Sandy moved away and we rarely saw each other for many years.  Now in our 60s, Sandy has returned home and I am so happy to have her back in my life! ~ November 7, 2015

No comments: