I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Quilt #202 ~ Novelty String Quilt 2010

201-2010

This was an online blogging project on Stephanie’s Loft Creations blog and her “No Strings Attached” challenge and in Stacie’s “It’s a String Thing” challenge.

I used novelty strings (or strips) sewn onto used dryer sheets.  I wanted to keep the quilting simple since there is so much going on with the top, so I did an all-over loopy meander design.  I used a really cute Raggedy Ann-Andy print that has a medical theme and the characters are dressed as doctors and nurses. The quilt measures 48 x 60 inches.

January 2010

UPDATE:  Sold on eBay in March 2011

No comments: