I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Quilts #205 - #206 ~ Quilts For Kids 2010

DSC00897

Jumpin’ Frogs

Quilts for Kids, a non-profit organization that provides comfort quilts for hospitalized children, recently partnered with P&G’s Downy brand; and Quilts for Kids receives 5 cents for every purchase of specially marked Downy. The program is called the Downy Touch of Comfort.

DSC00866

The kit provides all the fabric for the top and is already precut into squares and strips.  It even includes the backing and a nice woven label.  All you need to provide is the batting.  And, once completed, you’ll need to provide postage to return the quilt.  The quilts will then be distributed to seriously ill children all over the country.   All you have to do to get a kit is to link to the Quilts For Kids website.

DSC00894

This was such an easy and quick design that I made a second quilt to send along with the Jumpin’ Frogs quilt.

February 2010

No comments: