I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Quilt #76 ~ Mary’s Basket Wall Hanging 2004


I made this wall hanging from a kit I bought during the 2003 Southern California Quilters’ Run.  I love this pattern so much that I made several more wall hangings.

I gave this quilt to my friend Mary in December 2006 as a Christmas gift (read the story below).
November 2004

Patches of Life

I first met Mary in 2003 at a fundraising event for the San Gabriel Women’s Division.  She was working and I was there as a guest with my family.  But I didn't run into her again until 2004 at a mutual friend’s birthday party.  It was at this party that she first asked me about Rebuilding Together.

If you read my story about Rebuilding Together here, you’ll know I was anxious to get community members more involved ... and Mary fit the bill.  She has lived in San Gabriel most of her life and has been very involved with her community. Mary immediately jumped in with both feet.  Not only did she put together the volunteer and awards dinner, but also took over many of the fundraising responsibilities.  

Mary eventually became President of the San Gabriel affiliate; and to this day remains involved with Rebuilding Together, although she is no longer involved with the local affiliate.  

No comments: