I have been quilting since 1999 and have decided to keep an online journal of my quilts. In this way, I can document their history and preserve their memory for my family and future generations. Most of my quilts are made as gifts; and with few exceptions, I have taken pictures of my quilts with their recipient. I have also made many charity quilts for Project Linus, Wrapped in Hope and Quilts for Kids.

Please join me for my quilt parade!

Monday, June 7, 2010

My Quilt #195 ~ Morning Star Quilt Top 2009

MornStar4

Unfinished Quilt Top 66 x 66 ~ sold on eBay for $53.00

MornStar2

I made this unfinished quilt top from 5-inch square cotton scraps from a pattern in the Nickel Quilts book by Pat Speth.  The blocks are easy to assemble using Pat’s “Sew and Flip” technique to add the smaller corner triangles that create the star pattern. 

This is a lap/twin size with 16 blocks and a 4 x 4 setting; and uses 6-1/2 yards of fabric.  Made in 2009 and sold on eBay in 2010.

August 2009

No comments: